Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's been a good year and a half.

That is partly because we've had such great neighbors to make us feel at home in a new city, and with a new baby. Today I drove home for the first time with a home to the right that is empty. We are so sad that our first real neighbors, Katie, Daniel, and Aubrey have moved. It has been a wonderful year of talking on the porch or over the shrubs, swapping babysitting, eating each other's brownies (although I made out on that deal), and watching our babies (and bellies) grow. (and then shrink again). I am so sad not to see little Aubrey sitting on my swing when I get home in the afternoon, really! Thanks for being good friends and neighbors. Although you're not moving to Kansas or anything, it won't be the same without y'all on Sheridan street for sure.

This is our (almost) daily routine of swatting the bugs and catching up on the day's events.
walking when they were so itty bitty.
the swings at the playground down the street! I wish Fletch were old enough to remember how fun it was to have Aubrey as a neighbor. We will miss y'all...

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a pleasant surprise! What a sweet post this was. We have really missed seeing you every afternoon and were so excited for our "picnic" dinner the other night! Now, I guess we just have to be a little more purposeful about our get togethers. Miss you.